From family farms to vineyards, food producers and processors, we are dedicated to providing sophisticated accounting, tax compliance, business consulting and management advisory services. We are committed to providing the highest quality professional services to closely-held agricultural businesses and family owned farms throughout North Carolina.
We have extensive experience and training in the following areas:
- Farm income tax preparation and tax planning services.
- Assisting farmers and related agri-business owners in structuring business entities, which allow for efficient operation of the business while being sensitive of their desire to minimize taxes and exposure to liability.
- Utilizing industry-specific knowledge on agricultural employment taxes and other farm sales tax matters.
- Assisting with farm succession matters and estate planning matters.
- Consulting with agri-business owners on an ever-increasing range of business planning and management issues.
- Computer accounting software implementation and training.
- Farm business valuation services.
- Employee benefit and compensation planning as well as retirement plan consulting.
- Working closely with farm lenders on farm financing and expansion proposals.
We understand and respond to the increasing need for specialized services for agricultural businesses and farm producers. Since 2007, we have focused on developing the agriculture services of the firm. In 2018, Keith Raynor (partner) became North Carolina’s first and only Certified Agricultural Consultant (CAC) as identified by the American Society of Agricultural Consultants.
Contact TRP Sumner and let us help you grow your business.